by Paula Barcik
WCGL Community Liaison/Publicity
Lakeway always has lots of activities for entertainment and community involvement!
Lake Travis Community Library
- January, every Friday, 4-5 p.m. Live music series
- Monday, January 6th, 10:30 a.m.~ workshop led by Body Balance Physical Therapy; this work shop will demonstrate exercises to improve balance and teach strategies for preventing falls. l
- January, all month ~ Exhibition of embroidery artwork of local artist and library volunteer, Carol van Ginkel with her reception on Sunday, January 12th from 2-3:30 p.m. and art demonstration on Sunday, January 19th at 2 p.m. l
- Tuesday, January 14th at 10:30 a.m.~ “Formulat- ing Your Own Facial Oils” workshop
Lakeway Activity Center
- Thursday, January 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, noon-1 p.m. Brown Bag Lunchtime Concert Series; bring a sack lunch and enjoy free music!
- Monday, January 13th, 8-10 p.m. Big Band Bash; doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18th, 8 a.m.-noon
Blood drive Baylor Scott & White Hospital
- January 16th, 6-7 p.m.~ HealthSpeak with Dr. Maya Lele, in BSW Medical Center cafeteria. The topic is Cedar Fever and all things that make you itchy and sneeze. RSVP 512-654-5470
The Service League of Greater Lakeway
To request services or to volunteer, call 512-261-3514.
Paula Barcik, Community Liaison
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Monday, September 23, 2019
Monday, November 25, 2019
Monday, January 27, 2020
Monday, February 24, 2020
Monday, March 23, 2020
Monday, April 27, 2020
9:30 a.m.-10 a.m. Coffee and Conversation
10 a.m. -10:30 a.m. Announcements
10:30 a.m. -11:15 a.m. Speaker
11:15 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Hospitality
11:30 a.m. Luncheon (Paid)
Women's Club hosts four special events that are the highlight of the year. Mark your calendars for
Sunday, October 6, 2019 –
Fall Kickoff Event at the Schmidt Family BBQ
Monday, October 28, 2019 –
Fashion Show at Sonesta Hotel Ballroom in Bee Cave
Friday, April 3, 2020 –
Spring Dance at Sonesta Hotel Ballroom in Bee Cave
Monday, May 18, 2020 –
Installation of Officers/Luncheon –Flintrock Falls Country Club Ballroom
Let go of your winter woes and look forward to Spring, marking your calendar for the Spring dance, “Dancin’ in the Moonlight” on Friday, April 3rd. Don’t miss out!
Dianne Haeg and Judy Baer, Co-Chairs
Our next special event will be the May Installation luncheon. Stay tuned!
Cindy Kilmer, and Linda Lauret were outstanding!
Ann McCann & Susan Jerke, Co-Chairs